About

Named after the seascape it overlooks, Sound Of Jura Studio is located in an old school built on Lowlandman’s Bay on the Isle Of Jura.

The one room school was built in the late 1870’s to serve the nearby crofting townships of Ardmenish, Ardfarnal and Knockrome, and was situated on its own, roughly equidistant from each of the settlements.

Still as isolated as when it was built, and still sharing the bay with grazing cows and sheep, seals, otters, hen harriers and visiting dolphins, it offers peace and seclusion that is very hard to find, and an ever changing seascape from its east facing windows, while the Paps lie just up behind the house to the West.